A correctly packed backpack is an essential part of every hike. Whether you’re going on a single-day or multi-day hike. The less weight you are carrying around with you, the farther you can go and the more you will enjoy your hike. And what’s more, packing your hiking backpack correctly is also important to ensure healthy posture and to prevent injuries. We have some tips to help you pack your backpack correctly. We also have a packing checklist for you to take on your hike. This will enable you to save space in your backpack and to reduce unnecessary weight.
Take note of the following five instructions if you want to pack your backpack correctly.
1. Fill the bottom part with light items
2. Pack heavy items as close to your upper back as possible
3. Use medium-weight gear to stabilise your backpack
4. Keep important items close at hand in the top compartment
5. Keep the weight as light as possible and leave any unnecessary luxuries at home
Depending on the length of the hike, it may seem like an impossible task to save space when packing your backpack. However, we’ve got a few tricks to tell you about.